Why Are There Spiders In My Ellsworth Home?
December 14, 2021 - Spiders
Common Area Spiders
There are a few common area spiders and their web types that you can look out for around your region home:
- Yellow Sac Spider: A smaller spider, the yellow sac spider ranges in color from beige to yellow. They typically hunt at night, and any web they spin will be used to live in rather than catch food.
- Wolf Spiders: A larger spider, the wolf spider is mostly harmless to humans. While you may encounter this pest in your home, they don’t actually spin webs and prefer to pounce on their prey instead.
- Orb Weaver Spider: Orb-weaver spiders vary in appearance and produce circular, ornate webs. They often redo parts of their web daily, and the web can become quite large in size.
- Cellar Spider: Tan or grey in color, cellar spiders, prefer to live in dark, humid areas. They often live in communities and can produce many irregular-shaped webs over the course of their lifetime.
- Black Widow Spider: The black widow spider is shiny black with a red hourglass shape on its abdomen. It produces sticky webs that are typically close to the ground and uses its web to catch prey.
As you can see, each spider that you may encounter in your region home builds and utilizes its web differently. That being said, if you are coming across many different web varieties, the obvious answer is that you have a serious spider problem – this is something that should be dealt with as soon as possible.
Why Are They Invading My House?
Spiders are there for one reason: the food. So, if you have a spider problem, then you also have other pest problems. They will spin their webs in high-traffic bug areas in hopes to catch as many as possible. Typical spider food would be:
- Sometimes other spiders
It’s great that spiders eat all of these flying pests, especially mosquitoes, but it doesn’t change the fact that spiders are in your house. Ew!
A study conducted by Lund University in Sweden estimates that spiders eat 400 to 800 million metric tons of insects each year. To put that number into perspective, humans consume approximately 400 million tons of meat and fish annually.
Professional Help Is The Best Way To Go
If you’ve noticed an influx of spider webs in your home, there is sure to be a major spider problem whether you see the spiders or not. Here, we use eco-friendly products and offer free estimates. For further advice for removing spiders or other pest issues, contact the professionals at our pest control company today. But depending on the type and size of your property, prevention can be difficult to handle on your own. This is not to mention that even the smallest infestation can leave a mark on your reputation. Instead of adding more responsibility to your plate and leaving an infestation up to chance, you should consider the benefits of professional pest control.
Ongoing professional assistance can stop pest infestations in the first place, saving you and your company time and money. As a business owner, the most beneficial thing is to have a trusted pest control company perform routine treatments.
Spider Prevention Tips
Spiders seem to creep their way into every type of dwelling, from commercial properties to high-end homes. Being vigilant with these preventive measures is your first line of defense against a spider invasion. Make a list and check it twice.
- Check window screens for holes, rips, or bent frames. Fill holes and cracks around the outside of the house.
- Empty garbage frequently, and keep outdoor garbage cans away from the house.
- Be sure that food is in airtight plastic containers.
- Insulate pipes to avoid condensation.
- Frequent de-webbing is probably the most effective and quickest way to deter the spider’s attempt to take up residence.
- Keeping a clean and tidy home that is clutter-free is a definite help. Spiders dislike the smell of bleach or white vinegar.
- The use of essential oils near suspected entry points makes your home far less inviting. Peppermint, tea tree and eucalyptus oils are recommended.
- Check the underside of furniture and dressers for egg sacs. Remove them carefully if you find any.
- Be sure that your door sweeps are in good repair.
Doing your best to follow these tips, paired with our spider extermination services, will have your Ellsworth home spider-free in no time.